Saturday, February 2, 2013

Updates and Apologies

Ugh.

It's been a helluva last couple of weeks, folks. Amid all the comings and goings here on Distant Shores and the Keith Household, Linda and I both came down with acute sinusitis. I've never had that before, and I can tell you, it's a party in a can. For a week solid, I ran a fever over 103 degrees. That alone will guarantee you won't feel like doing much, but on top of that, the sinus headaches pretty much had me floored. Hydrocodone became my friend. The week after that, I slept, whenever I wasn't at work. So I appreciate the patience of all who have been waiting for chapters and news on my writing work.

Critical Mass was delayed for a week. My publisher, Greek/Canadian powerhouse Lea Schizas, is not immune to computer crashes, and before the waves calmed down, several files had to be redone. So, again I say thanks for your patience, who have been waiting for my latest release. It's on for February 8th, officially. I'm especially geeked about this release, because it closes out the story of Nadia Velasquez. I really wanted to make sure the story had a full and suitable ending. Series are nice, but some stories need to be told and done.

Speaking of "told and done," this June marks the last installment in the NADIA Project. It's a prequel that sheds more light on everyone's favorite badass beauty, Jenna Paine. I'll have more on that one later. But Jenna fans, this one is especially for you.(my editors agreed it's pretty good, so I think you'll enjoy it especially.)

I'll be ready to go back to work on my current work, Tempus Fugitive, this Monday. My brain, believe it or not, is just coming back around.

You're not going to believe this. I got my final (I hope) rejection letter for Becoming NADIA. I know, I know. Huh? Seriously, it made it to the acquisition editor's desk at DAW, only 20 months after I sent them a notice of withdrawal, six months after I submitted the manuscript to them. It was a nice rejection, though, and I'll probably be subbing something to them in the future. But gimme a break, 26 months to decide if they want to pick up a contract on a new writer? Well, I guess I'm not a new writer anymore, so next time, I'll see if I can get them down to something reasonable, like less than a year.

The last item on the docket this week is good news from a friend: Someone I know has decided enough is enough with the abusive relationship they've been part of for the last several years, and is taking honest-to-God, concrete steps to get the hell out. It does my heart good to see someone avoiding the "professional victim" mentality that goes along with these relationships so often. Fly free, my friend. It's a great big, wonderful world out there. You can do it.

Anyway, that's the skinny on the not-so-skinny writer from Michigan. Everyone stay warm, and we'll catch up next week.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better! Stay warm. I know that's not an easy order around Michigan lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I know the feeling. Feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're back to healthy and at the computer soon.

    You try to stay warm in the artic weather too. Spring can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete